Well our time in the House of Pain(t) has finally drawn to a close and the demolition crew have already moved in. Apparently they’ve done whatever internal work they needed to do and the place will start tumbling to the ground later today. We should hopefully have some pics we can show before too long too and I wouldn’t mind collecting a memento or two if we can while we are at it…
Anyway, onto today’s piece ‘A portrait of the artist as a young man’. I have clearly stolen the title from the James Joyce novel of the same name. That’s probably where the similarities begin and end. It’s based on a photograph of me taken a couple of years ago and features me giving a big thumbs up whilst wearing my best winning smile. I think the fact that my smile is obscured behind the respirator I’m wearing just goes to make me look that bit more enigmatic. Either that or vacant. I’m not really sure which.
I think after today there’s only the panorama to reveal from this room then a couple more bits and we’re all done. Oh well, onwards and upwards…
- This is the end of the line… (thisisidiom.wordpress.com)
- King Dog and the Angels (thisisidiom.wordpress.com)
- House of Pain(t and wheatpastes) (thisisidiom.wordpress.com)
- Spraying bricks (thisisidiom.wordpress.com)
- Sholto & Hugo’s House On The Hill… (thisisidiom.wordpress.com)